Ashburn Chess Club Summer Camp
August 18 – 22, 2014
Join our Chess Summer Camp and learn to play chess well and have Fun at the same time.
A New Chess summer camp is being offered by the Ashburn Chess club and Expert Tim Rogalski to the Loudoun community.
Enjoy some fun chess before school starts! Our Ashburn Chess Club Summer Camp will feature quality lectures, simultaneous exhibitions, daily rated games (quick and blitz), round robin tournaments, bullet chess, and everyone’s favorite, bughouse!
When: Monday, August 18th to Friday, August 22nd, 2014
Time: 9 AM to 4 PM (Full Day) or 9 AM to 12 PM (Half Day)
Where: Loudoun Valley Estates Community Center located at 43636 Lucketts Bridge Circle, Ashburn, VA 20148
Cost: $250 for 5 full days; $150 for 3 full days; $150 for 5 half days;
Register at: www.ashburnchessclub.com (search for ‘Chess Summer Camp’). For any questions, email Sunil Lalwani at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tim Rogalski at email@example.com.
Only 20 spots are available. Minimum 8 registrations needed to run the camp.
About the instructor Coach Tim Rogalski:
* Tim is a USCF Expert, a USCF Correspondence Master, and a Shogi Shodan.
* He has played, and beaten, every skill level of chess player ranging from beginner to International Grandmaster, including a World Champion.
* He is a member of the Arlington Kings, back-to-back winners of the prestigious winter 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 Open section of the D.C. Chess League.
* His students have received numerous accolades at the state and national level including a Virginia State Amateur Champion title.
* The Club would need an adult volunteer to be present along with the instructor on all days. A child or a sibling of a volunteer will get a 10% discount for each day of volunteering time. In addition, any high school students (of age 18+) will get a certificate for volunteering from the Ashburn Chess Club.
* USCF membership is required (www.uschess.org). Unrated players will receive a $3 discount off a year’s $17 scholastic membership ($14) if they join USCF for the first time on the first day of camp.
* All kids should bring a no-mess snack and a drink (no nuts please). Full-day campers need to bring a box lunch, except for Friday, where the kids will enjoy healthy pizza.
* Sets and boards provided. Bring a chess clock if you have one.
* Parents can drop their kids off as early as 8:45 AM, but they must pick them up promptly at 4 PM.
* http://www.uschess.org/docs/forms/MembershipForm.pdf is the link to the USCF membership form.
Ashburn Chess Club is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization with the mission of teaching chess to children as a means of improving their academic and social skills.
CHESS!, CHESS!!, CHESS!!!, CHESS!, CHESS!!, CHESS!!!